What are My Responsibilities as a Member
- Adverse malpractice judgments against you
- Provide quality and cost effective healthcare services to the patients and the community we serve.
- Commit to maintaining wellness and preventing illness, not just treating the patients.
- Commit to the Mission, Values, and Standards of Conduct of the St. Mary's Health System.
- Participate, cooperate with, and maintain all credentialing required by the various payors we are contracted with.
- Use your best efforts to utilize St. Mary's Maine Covenant Providers when you are treating patients covered under St. Mary's Maine Covenant Agreements. Exceptions must be approved by the Medical Director.
- Actively participate and cooperate with Value Management and Utilization Review efforts endorsed by the Medical Director.
- Maintain active membership in the St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center Medical Staff, unless waived by St. Mary's Health System.
- Maintain Professional Liability Insurance of at least $1 Million per incident and $3 Million in the aggregate.
- Notify St. Mary's Health System immediately of any changes in your practice, or changes that could potentially affect your practice, such as:
- Legal or Governmental actions that could materially affect your performance
- Actions or Proceedings against your license to practice medicine
- Exclusion from Medicare or Medicaid programs
- Loss or material limitations of staff privileges at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center
- Remit promptly the annual fee to St. Mary's Health System as it is billed.
St. Mary's Maine Covenant