What are the Benefits of Joining St. Mary's Maine Covenant?
As a member of St. Mary's Maine Covenant, you are able to enjoy many benefits that you may not have otherwise. Here are some examples.
- St. Mary's Health System takes care of negotiating contracts with payors who choose to contract with us. That means fewer legal expenses for you!
- Because your affiliation agreement allows us to contract on your behalf if the contracts meet certain criteria, you don’t have to review and sign every single payor contract.
- By joining St. Mary's Maine Covenant, you benefit from St. Mary's Health System's affiliation with the Maine Physician Hospital Organization. That affiliation allows you to benefit from risk contracts negotiated for the Maine PHO, which includes Maine Medical Center, St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, Stephen’s Memorial Hospital, and MaineGeneral Health.
- You will be able to participate in programs offered to St. Mary's Maine Covenant members. These may include Educational Programs for providers, interaction meetings with various health plans, and general meetings to update you on St. Mary's Maine Covenant.
- You will be included in regular communications notifying you of changes that are happening with the health plans, special programs you might be interested in, and much more!
- St. Mary's Health System is able to provide you with assistance in ensuring health plans are complying with contractual terms. As a group, we have a greater voice and ability to request changes or enforce compliance.
- You will be eligible to become an “HMO Par Provider” for our employee health plan. This preferred level of participation will allow you to service our employee group without the need of a referral.