St. Mary's Food Pantry
As one of the largest emergency food pantries in Maine, the St. Mary's Food Pantry has been providing emergency food assistance to residents of the greater Androscoggin County for over 20 years. Now at a new location on the corner of Bates and Walnut Streets, the Food Pantry remains conveniently located in the heart of downtown Lewiston.
In addition to obtaining and distributing food to the thousands of individuals seeking assistance from the Food Pantry, our director, Joyce Gagnon, serves as a catalyst to direct clients to alternative sources of assistance, both financial and supportive. Joyce elaborates, "Into each box of food we distribute, we always add our prayers, our support, and our hope for a better tomorrow."
The St. Mary's Food Pantry relies solely on charitable donations to feed the hungry of Lewiston/Auburn. The dedication of our Food Pantry volunteers and the generous support of our donors are absolutely essential to performing the vital task of feeding the hungry among us.
For more information on the St. Mary's Food Pantry, please contact Joyce Gagnon, Monday through Friday, between 8 and 11 am.
Phone: 207-513-3841 or
To make a gift to the St. Mary's Food Pantry, please contact:
St. Mary's Health System Development Office
PO Box 7291
Lewiston, ME 04243-7291
1-888-324-4423 (toll free outside of Lewiston, ME)
208 Bates Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
• Open Monday-Friday from 9-11am.
• A 3-day supply of emergency unprepared food is distributed to an average of 2050 people per month.
• Offer cooking demonstrations and "tastings" using food pantry supplies and simple, affordable recipes designed to help food pantry clients stretch food dollars
• Distributed 12,143 boxes of food, providing enough food for 3-day emergency support for 25,282 people.
• Provide thousands of nutritious snacks to daycares and school-based health centers in Lewiston.
• Provide food for homeless youth at Lewiston High School.