Center for Joint Replacement
that the Center for Joint Replacement (CJR) cares for patients undergoing hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, hand, and finger surgeries.
Benefits for patient when referring directly to the CJR:
• Patients referred to Portland areas have expected wait time of 6 months.
• Patients referred to St. Mary's Center for Orthopaedic Care or to Central Maine
Orthopeadics, PA (CMO) will see provider in 3 to 4 months
• If surgery is likely, the primary or referring provider can compile information for a Pre-
• Cardiac pulmonary consultations for surgical clearances if indicates (i.e., history of
cardiovascular, pulmonary, diabetes, obesity, etc.)
• Most recent office documentation
• Current medical list
• Current problem list
• Recent imaging and/or other diagnostic studies
• Recent laboratory results
• Collaboration yields better patient satisfaction.
• Coordination of care and teamwork improves efficiency, and reduces lost paperwork,
delay in surgery, or appointments.
• Improved information sharing and communication between St. Mary's Center for
Orthopaedic Care or CMO with primary or referring provider offers efficiency.
• Referral to St. Mary's Center for Orthopaedic Care or CMO provider best suited to
patient’s particular needs.
• Factors such as patient’s age, and diagnosis will be considered when referring to
appropriate St. Mary's Center for Orthopaedic Care or CMO provider.
If you have a patient in need of joint surgery, refer directly to the Center for Joint Replacement at St. Mary’s: