Personal Emergency Response Volunteer Information
Do you have some time on your hands (or know someone who does)?
- Would you like to make a little money while helping others? We reimburse .55 per mile. and you will have the satisfaction of meeting and visiting with St. Mary's Personal Response Service subscribers and their families. You will also receive recognition of hours volunteered through St. Mary's volunteer services.
- Are you willing to take the time to visit with someone who may be lonely?
- Do you have a car?
- Then you are qualified to be a St. Mary's Personal Response Service volunteer.
What are the duties of a Personal Response Service volunteer?
- answer St. Mary's Personal Response Service calls (non-emergency)
- use a computer to enter new orders, make changes to existing subscriber information, filing
St. Mary's Personal Response Service Calls
A service call can be:
- changing a battery in the Personal Response unit and/or
- changing a neck cord to a wrist wrap or
- changing a wrist wrap to a neck cord or
- replacing a wrist wrap or neck cord or
- changing a Personal Response button
Personal Response Service Installation
What involves a Personal Response Service installation – it's easy, let's talk
What is the volunteer schedule?
- I will work with everyone to accommodate scheduling
- if you only want to do an hour a week or month, perfect
- if you only want to do service calls, perfect
- if you would like to do installations, perfect
Please call, Caroline Parent, St. Mary's Personal Response Service Program Manager at 777-8827 or
Installers and/or service technicians will have a background check done.