Pre-Placement ExaminationsA Pre-placement Examination is perhaps one of the most important tools available to employers today. Performed in compliance with the Americans for Disabilities Act (ADA), WorkMed’s pre-placement examinations include a comprehensive medical assessment that provides the information you need to be assured that a new employee is capable of performing the job for which he or she has been hired.
Pre-Placement Examinations can be customized to meet the specific needs of employers. The WorkMed professionals who perform these exams have completed certification programs that meet state and federal OSHA Standards. A standard exam includes:
- Comprehensive medical history
- Screening of back and upper extremities
- Vision Test
- Vital Signs
- Focused medical examination based on the individual’s job requirements
- Lifting assessment and functional capacity assessment
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals
- DOT and non-DOT drug testing
- Audiogram, including compliance with the hearing conservation program (performed by professionals certified by the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing and in full compliance with OSHA Standards ).
- Pulmonary function test and respiratory clearance evaluation (performed by professional certified (performed by professionals certified by the Harvard School of Public Health and in full compliance with OSHA Standards ).
- Medical surveillance compliance to include chest x-ray, lead testing, asbestos, TB, hepatitis and other components as needed.
- Other individualized components, including simulated work environment testing based on the needs of employer.
Pre-Placement Examinations safely introduce employees to the workplace. WorkMed will communicate the potential employee’s ability to perform essential job functions. Pre-Placement Examinations also offer the benefit of documenting pre-existing conditions should a future Workers' Compensation claim ensue.