Affordable Medical Care
207-755-3015Looking for Affordable Medical Care?
Community Clinical Services (CCS) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). As an FQHC we are able to provide services to qualified individuals and their families by offering:
- A sliding-fee scale designed to make our care more affordable to patients who are income eligible.
- Assistance with the cost of brand name drugs and medicines through the 340B Prescription Drug Program.
- Additional social services to meet needs of patients and their families.
- Preventative health care and education to encourage patients to prevent illness before it happens.
No matter your age or family situation you may qualify. Here are some ways that we can help:
What else do I need to know?
Do you have health insurance through an employer with high deductibles? Perhaps your insurance does not cover doctor’s office visits. We can assist by applying our sliding fee scale to your office deductibles or co-pays. All of our patients are eligible for our discount pharmacy program (340B).
Do you have Medicare coverage?
We can assist by applying our sliding fee scale to your co-insurance amounts. Due to our FQHC status there are no deductibles for Medicare patients in our practices.
Are you without health insurance?
We can assist you by applying our sliding fee scale to your office charges.
Does the discount apply to other services?
The sliding fee discount only applies to the services provided by the CCS practices. The CCS providers are affiliated with St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center. Because of St. Mary’s commitment to the community, the hospital has established a free care program. The income guidelines are as close to the FQHC sliding fee guidelines as possible. Therefore, most of the CCS sliding fee patients also qualify for St. Mary’s free care program. To apply for the free care program through St. Mary’s, individuals need to contact the Patient Rep. Office at 207-777-8208. It is important to remember that ancillary services will have charges that will be billed to you. You can discuss which services are covered and which services you will be responsible for with your Patient Representative.
- This is not an insurance program
- There are no premiums to pay
- Your only cost is your part of the service fee after the sliding fee discount has been applied to your charges
- You have to keep your eligibility current by submitting the needed forms every 90 days
- Payment Plans are available for balances that are due
You can find out more information from your Community Clinical Services provider. If you need a provider, call the Physician Referral Line at 207-777-8899.
School Based Health
Federally Qualified Health Center
B-Street Community Center
57 Birch Street, Suite 201
Lewiston, ME 04240
Manager of Behavioral Health Programming