Personal Emergency Response
St. Mary's Personal Emergency Response Service
Your 'round the clock "Guardian Angel."
What is a Personal Emergency Response Service?
A Personal Emergency Response Service (PERS) gets you emergency assistance when you need it, all at the push of a button.
The PERS system doesn't require you to have a ton of fancy, complicated equipment. We provide members with a small "speaker phone" which we will connect to your phone line. It comes with a Personal Help Button (PHB) which acts as a remote access to the PERS and can be worn on your wrist or on a necklace/ lanyard around your neck.
When you push the button, it activates the PERS, which dials a programmed toll-free phone number connecting you to the Care Center where an operator will respond immediately and ask if you need help.
If you are concerned about falls, we also have a Fall Detector Button which can sense when you have fallen and dial the Care Center without pushing your button. After our representatives have determined what (if any) assistance you need, they will alert your responders.
We have a variety of PERS to choose from. The basic PERS connects to your land line. For homes that no longer use a landline telephone, we have a cellular service. For folks who want the same security when they travel, shop and visit outside their home, we have a GPS version that can go anywhere you wish to go and be activated anytime it might be needed. This is also a perfect device for individuals who wander.
Why Choose the St. Mary's Personal Emergency Response Service?
- We are based right here in Lewiston at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center
- We installation your equipment and show you how to use it.
- We meet in person with you and your family
- (other programs send a unit in the mail with instructions for installation)
- Count on personal service and attention...when you have equipment problems we'll fix them. When you need to activate the Emergency Response you'll find the operator on the other end is friendly and easy to understand.
- Provides added security in your life – activate the PERS for any reason, fire, break-in, medical emergency.
- St. Mary's has been providing this service to our community for over 25 years (formerly known as Lifeline)
Who would benefit from St. Mary's Personal Emergency Response Service?
- People living alone
- People at risk of falling
- People with medical conditions and disabilities
- People concerned about their personal safety
Call Caroline Parent or Bonnie Grant TODAY at 207-777-8827 and make arrangements to receive your own personalized "Guardian Angel."