Childbirth is a natural process. That's why the Women's Health Pavilion features private birthing rooms that are designed with a warm, comfortable, home-like environment. Mothers enjoy the convenience of staying in one room throughout labor, delivery and post-partum. Hot tubs in every room help women relax during labor, and birthing tubs offer women the option of a water birth. Private bathrooms and showers, recessed lighting and oversized windows help make this birthing experience like none other.
When not in use, all medical technology is discretely tucked away to preserve the home-like setting of our birthing rooms. Finally, in the event that a woman requires a C-section, she will be transported to our operating room within the birthing center.
It's our privilege to welcome your new arrival into the world. We'll make sure you're as well prepared as you can be for the experience.
- Fully-equipped, modern private birthing rooms
- Advanced medical technology
- Comprehensive obstetric care
- Personal attention from highly trained, compassionate nurses and physicians
- Family-centered care that lets you keep your new baby in the room with you
- Accommodating visiting hours for relatives and friends
- A full range of classes on subjects like childbirth, breast-feeding, infant/child safety, and sibling relations
- Support groups
- Our lactation team of consultants and counselors can assist you with breastfeeding during your stay. If you have any further questions once you have gone home, please feel free to give us a call.
We would love to have the opportunity to care for you and your family during this special time. If you'd like to see our Family Birthing Center and meet us, it's easy to schedule a visit. Just call 207-777-8280 or e-mail.