Emergency Services Model
This model is designed to meet the needs of patients in crisis located within the Emergency Department. Patients have easy access to board-certified psychiatric providers who are able to make the following recommendations: pharmacological, disposition, emergency involuntary assessments, and care recommendations to staff.
HOW EMERGENCY SERVICES MODEL WORKS:
- Service is accessible 1 hour before our provider's shift begins.
- The attending provider will order a request for consultation.
- The requesting location will fax the following to our Behavioral Services Department:
- Referral Form Customized for Each Client
- Patient Demographic Sheet
- Consent for Telepsychiatry Form
- Provider's Order
- Current Medication List
- Most Recent Physical/Medical History
- Crisis Assessment (if applicable)
- Any Other Pertinent Documentation from Requesting Party
- Once received, our provider will contact you directly at the start of their shift to schedule a time for consultation.
- Once consultation is completed, verbal recommendations will be given to nursing staff and attending provider.