What is telepsychiatry?
Telepsychiatry is a form of telehealth that uses live, secure, HIPAA compliant web-based software to perform psychiatric evaluations. Cameras and microphones are used to provide picture and audio, so your patients/clients feel like they are in the same room with the providers. Without leaving the care setting, we bring our board certified psychiatric providers to you.
What can telepsychiatry do for me?
Telepsychiatry is designed for use in multiple care settings. The goal is to complete assessments and provide recommendations to the attending provider. Examples of recommendations with our service include:
- Pharmacological recommendations
- Education to direct care staff
- Education to patients/clients and family members or loved ones
- Non-pharmacologic recommendations
- Environmental changes
- Staff approaches
- Alternative coping strategies
- Methods of distraction
Where can telepsychiatry be used?
- Emergency rooms
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living facilities
- Group homes
- Physician office practices
Wait times for specialty psychiatric providers can be weeks and even months. With telepsychiatry, our goal is to bring specialists to you and your patients/clients. With our telepsychiatry service you will receive:
- High-quality service
- Near immediate treatment recommendations