Meet Our Providers
St. Mary’s Orthopedics — Auburn
15 Gracelawn Road
Auburn, ME 04210
Jump to Our Portland Providers
Mats Agren, MD
Dr. Agren has deep experience treating complex spine disorders as well as performing minimally-invasive spine surgery procedures.. Dr. Agren will diagnose and treat conditions including arthritis, compression fractures, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis. He performs among other procedures discectomy, fusion, and laminectomy procedures.
- Board certified in orthopedic surgery; member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and North American Spine Society.
- Medical degree: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, MA
Daniel Buck, DPM
Dr. Daniel Buck brings a valuable specialty in podiatry to the St. Mary’s Orthopedic Team. Dr. Buck's specialties include Soft tissue and bony surgeries of the foot and ankle, Bunion and hammertoe surgery, Plantar fasciitis and related conditions, Foot and ankle reconstruction and revision, Podiatric sports medicine, and diabetic and non-diabetic foot care.
- Fellow of The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery Education & Training
- California College of Podiatric Medicine in San Francisco, California
- Residency: the VA Medical Center in San Francisco, California
Jeffrey Davila, MD
Dr. Davila is a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy and is the former Director of the White House Orthopaedic Clinic, Chairman of the Joint Surgical Optimization Council, and an Orthopedic Surgery Consultant for the National Capitol Region. Dr. Davila specializes in hip arthroscopy, shoulder replacement, and ligament and tendon reconstruction.
- Fellowship trained in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Specialty Certification, The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons Education & Training
- MD, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD
Michael T. Newman, MD
Dr. Newman’s experience and skills as an orthopedic surgeon include 16 years of active duty Navy service. His specialties include total joint replacement, general orthopedic surgery, and sports medicine.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship trained in total hip and knee reconstruction Education & Training
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY
- Orthopedic Surgical Residency: National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
Joseph Strauss, DO
Dr. Strauss offers experience and expertise in sports medicine and complex fracture orthopedic care. Dr. Strauss’ specialties include cartilage repair, elbow arthroscopy, hamstring repair, hip arthroscopy, knee arthroscopy, meniscus repair, and rotator cuff repair.
- Board certified and Fellowship trained in Orthopedic Traumatology with subspecialty certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine Education & Training
- Orthopedic surgery residency: The National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD
- Fellowship training: The R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Medical degree: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Pennsylvania, PA
Lars Qvick, MD
Dr. Lars Qvick’s specialties include hand and wrist surgery, elbow and shoulder surgery, occupational injuries, and orthopedic trauma fracture repair.
- Fellowship trained in both hand and upper extremity surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Education & Training
- Residency in orthopedic surgery, State University of New York, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
St. Mary’s Orthopedics — Portland
117 Auburn Street
Portland, ME. 04103
Monday & Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m
Greg Pomeroy, MD
Greg Pomeroy is a fellowship trained foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon. He earned his medical degree from Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland, and his Bachelor of Arts from Colby College in Waterville, Maine.
- Medical Degree: Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
- Residency: University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
Jessica Faught, MD
Dr. Jessica Faught is an orthopedic surgeon fellowship trained in foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Faught serves as a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and has received the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal. She enjoys volunteering with several community organizations.
- Medical degree: Louisiana State University Shreveport School of Medicine
- Residency: Louisiana State University Shreveport School of Medicine
- Fellowship: New England Foot and Ankle Associates
Sacha Matthews, MD
Sacha Matthews is a fellowship trained hand and upper extremity orthopedic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He earned his medical degree from Columbia University in New York, and his Bachelor of Arts in Amherst, Massachusetts. In 2015, he was recognized in Downeast Magazine as the “Best Hand Surgeon in Maine,” and he has served as the President of the Maine Society of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Medical: Columbia University, New York, New York
- Internship: Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York
- Residency: Department of Orthopedics, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York
- Fellowship: Emanuel B. Kaplan Hand and Upper Extremity Fellow, Hospital for Joint Diseases/NYU, New York
William Nash, MD
Dr. William Nash is an orthopedic surgeon fellowship trained in foot and ankle surgery.
- MBBS Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentristry
- MSc Orthopaedics and Trauma, University of Brighton
- Fellowship: New England Foot and Ankle Associates