What are virtual visits?
They are visits that connect patients and providers via technology to meet remotely rather than in-person. A full visit can be easily completed utilizing a device with a camera and microphone. If this is not available, we can do a limited audio only visit by telephone.
We’re proud to offer virtual appointments, for established and new patients, with over 200 providers across our system. Virtual visits are a terrific alternative to in-office appointments, allowing you to stay connected with your provider and proactively manage your health.
Is a virtual visit right for you?
Virtual visits are particularly useful as we manage the COVID-19 pandemic, but it’s important to note that patients may make an appointment for a virtual visit for any new medical issue that needs to be addressed or any previously diagnosed condition that requires ongoing care.
For example, you may connect virtually with your provider for a:
- Chronic Condition Visit – (including Diabetes, Hypertension, Chronic Pain Management, Psychiatric, Insomnia, Anemia and Migraines/Headaches or a variety of other reasons)
- Acute Condition Visit – (including Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, Psychiatric, Migraines/Headaches, Skin Conditions, Gastrointestinal and Opthalmology/Conjunctivitis or a variety of other reasons)
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
- Transition of Care Visit
If you’re unsure if a virtual visit is right for you, please contact your provider.
Why choose a virtual visit?
It Keeps You Connected to your trusted provider and allows you to receive care or continue care.
It’s Convenient and offers you the convenience of a healthcare visit without leaving the comfort of your home or any private location you choose. Interpreters are also available for non-English speaking patients.
It’s Confidential, Secure and never recorded or shared. To ensure your privacy, we recommend you conduct your virtual visit from a private location.
It’s Covered and healthcare insurers regulated by the state are required to cover visits – depending on your specific plan, co-pays or some out of pocket expenses may apply.
Do you have additional questions? Check out this FAQ >
Schedule a Virtual Visit
Phone your provider's office or message your provider via MyChart to request a virtual visit. View the consent form.
Contact our local call center at 207.777.8899.
How to Get Started
What You’ll Need
- A reliable internet connection
- A webcam and a desktop computer, laptop, Android device, or iPad/iPhone that meets the following minimum requirements:
- PC: Windows 7 or later
- Mac: macOS (OSX) 10.11 or later
- iPad/iPhone: iOS 10 or later
- Compatible browsers if using a desktop computer, laptop, or Android device:
- Firefox v.47 or later
- Chrome v.50 or later
Starting Your Visit
- Click the link your provider sent to you via email to open a browser window. You may have received this via email, text message or MyChart message. You also can click here.
- Log-in a few minutes before your appointment’s start time to familiarize yourself with the website.
- Enter your name to Check in.
- Allow your browser to use your camera and microphone.
- Your provider will start your session shortly.
Note: Virtual visits must be scheduled. Click the link in the email you received from your provider or here to get started. If you’d like to make an appointment, please contact your provider.
View video instructions for your browser:
View a patient guide to learn more about doxy.me our virtual visit partner.
- Have a good Internet connection
- Restart your device before your visit
- Choose a quiet room and limit noise and distractions